BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas in May

I am so glad I did all of my Christmas shopping in May and left the gifts in Texas.  I have a few small gifts for the kids that we will put under the tree here, but are all anticipating opening gifts in Roscoe!!  I see all of the Black Friday commercials and am glad I have no need to brave the crowds for a 'good deal'.

I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is THIS week.  We are meeting some fellow residents and their families at Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving.  This Friday we might check out the Jamestown settlement to learn how the Indians and Colonists gathered, prepared, and preserved food that would have been in the ORIGINAL Thanksgiving meal.  Maybe everyone else will be going shopping crazy and it won't be too busy!!!

The kids are looking forward to putting our trees up this weekend.  Our trees this year will be:  a Texas tree in the playroom,  4 ft girly tree in Avery's room, 2 ft tractor tree in Josiah's room, and a purple/silver/black tree in the living room.  I can't remember if I have an extra tree for the playroom, may be the ONLY purchase made on Black Friday.

2 comments:

viento said...

Can't wait to see the pics of the trees! I think Moses will be thrilled to see Josiahs...wait a minute, I don't know if I want him to see it as he might wonder when he's getting his ; ) Happy Thanksgiving!

viento said...

Can't wait to see the pics of the trees! I think Moses will be thrilled to see Josiahs...wait a minute, I don't know if I want him to see it as he might wonder when he's getting his ; ) Happy Thanksgiving!